If you decide to buy or sell gold, get it from a reputable dealer. In Houston TX, Reigning Jewels can walk you through step by step. I wouldn’t buy gold coins on Craigslist, but that’s just me. If you buy gold from individuals or from anyone else you’re not sure of, have the gold coins’ authenticity verified first. You don’t want a collection of gold-plated lead. Reignig Jewels have speciality experts in this industry. Moral of the story…go with someone you can trust!
Why is gold valuable?
In ancient days, gold’s malleability and luster led to its use in jewelry and early coins. It was also hard to dig gold out of the ground and the more difficult something is to obtain, the higher it is valued.
Over time, humans began using the precious metal as a way to facilitate trade and accumulate and store wealth. In fact, early paper currencies were generally backed by gold, with every printed bill corresponding to an amount of gold held in a vault somewhere for which it could, technically, be exchanged. Nowadays, modern currencies are largely fiat currencies so the link between gold and paper money has long been broken. However, people still love GOLD!
Advantages to buying Gold
Gold and other hard metals have always been a time-honored part of traditional investment plans. Here’s why:
- Gold tends to go up when other investments decline, providing a stabilizing effect for your portfolio.
- Gold is easy to store.. low carrying cost
- Gold is a bulwark against inflation.You don’t have to pay capital gains tax until you sell.
- Nobody has to know you have it – if that matters to you.
- GOLD IS MONEY
- It has No counterparty risk
- Gold requires no specialty knowladge
- In a world of elevated risks on multiple fronts, gold offers lower risk, greater safety, and bigger upside than any other investment.
- In worst-case financial scenarios, such as massive currency devaluation, you can use gold and silver to buy and sell. That may sound crazy – but it has happened in other countries.
The Bottom Line
Gold should be an important part of a diversified investment portfolio because its price increases in response to events that cause the value of paper investments, such as stocks and bonds, to decline. Although the price of gold can be volatile in the short term it has always maintained its value over the long term. Reigning Jewels buys your broken, unwanted, and used gold jewelry. Did you lose an earring but still have the match? Is that gold necklace that broke a few years ago still sitting on the dresser? Bring it in, we can fix it or take it off your hands. Located in the heart of Houston, we can take care of all your antiuqe, estate, and vintage pieces. We have a established in-house jeweler who makes wonderful one-of-a-kind pieces to fit any occasion. Feel free to call or drop into our shop. We are located at 6222 Richmond Ave. SUITE 400 HOUSTON TX 77057.